Pyzo installation instructions¶
Installation should be as easy as downloading the installation file for your platform. A list of all available binaries is on Github. There is also a list of earlier versions of Pyzo-distro, and earlier versions of IEP.
- The easiest way to install Pyzo on Windows is to use the installer (which does not require admin rights).
- Alternatively, you can download and unpack the zip-file. You can place the Pyzo directory anywhere you like.
- To install Pyzo on Linux, download and extract the archive corresponding to your architecture.
- In case you want to place a link on your desktop for convenience, icons are in the source/pyzo/resources/appicons folder.
- The binaries for Linux are build on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, so should work on most modern Linux distros (glibc >= 2.11).
- You may be able to install Pyzo using
apt-get install pyzo(not yet).
- You can
apt-get install python3-pyqt4and then
python3 -m pip install pyzolib pyzo.
- To install Pyzo on Mac, mount the disk image and copy the pyzo directory to to your user directory.
- The binaries are build on OSX 10.6.2 and should work on Snow Leopard and above.
To remove Pyzo distro, either run the uninstaller (when you used the installer on Windows), or simply remove the directory that you unpacked from the archive.